Thursday, December 01, 2005

As I'm sitting at an internet cafe'...

While sitting here checking my email and transferring photos from my camera, I suddenly had a front row seat at a large Balinese ceremonial procession. I'm inside in air-conditioning, sitting in a comfy chair, and 8 feet away, just outside the window and across the sidewalk, there's a beautiful procession complete with floats. After watching for a few minutes, I switched from transfer-photos to take-more-photos mode, so you get a bonus!

A sample of the procession. The figure on this float was standing on one foot and rotating!!
Same float from the rear. It was the most interesting float, with the least colorful costumes. I waited too late to pull out my camera - there were groups of women in pink and in gold, and girls & boys in yellow, and girls in green, and men in black-and-white check. On the far right you can see a woman in blue carrying a basket on her head - and yes, the baskets often weigh 10-50  pounds!

More progress on Bhanuswari:

Tiles going into place in the swimming pool. The pebble-paving for the terrace is making good progress. And the furniture is going into the rooms.

A close-up of white-and-yellow frangi-pani.

Progress on the first villa!!

No comments: